This organization’s first organizational development plan was initially under development within the Human Resources division until I was brought on board to organize and provide flow to the content and to design the document for publishing.
The plan went through multiple iterations over the course of several months as we worked with leadership and focus groups to refine its purpose and content and develop a rollout plan.
WHAT I DID:
- developed the information architecture, revamping existing content to ensure flow, coherence, and understanding
- collaborated with colleagues to develop key concepts and write content
- designed and laid out the document
- designed and/or edited supporting documentation for the document’s rollout
- created new or revised existing graphics, including charts and infographics, to enhance understanding of key concepts within the plan
- provided creative direction for and coordinated new photography to ensure document captured the diversity of the organization’s workforce
- copy edited the document and all supporting materials, applying consistent style and language throughout
“Rachel is a very talented communicator and designer. I was really struggling to get [the organizational plan] to the next level. She assisted by designing graphic representation of my ideas and ensuring that my ideas were conveyed in a way that spoke to the broad audience they needed to reach.
“Rachel really helped me take some of my abstract concepts into concrete text, and her excellent editing skills and attention to detail really drew it all together.”
Human Resources Manager